Can not find router for Gargle from local shops

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

tomp5

Can not find router for Gargle from local shops

Post by tomp5 »

Not sure if this post is allowed or the response, but here goes.

Hi Id like to obtain a router to install gargoyle.

I'm in Australia. 2 popular computer hardware vendors near me are
umart Brisbane and computer alliance Brisbane

I search for modem ( on the above vendors website ) but either I do not find the model number or it says "not available" I would like to get a router that has reasonable to good performance. I would like one with multiple wifi antennas , [[but if that s not available I can have a separate WIFI connection ( sorry not sure right term to use for this )]]

I prefer good performance , I do not want a router that would be running out od storage space OR RAM . ( ie I know cheap has a price - router will be slow or run out of space problems etc ) Price below $100 would be good , even up to $150 . But at end of the day I need the features Gargle offers and I want good performance - so may need to pay even higher $ price ?

THANK YOU, in Advance for advice on specific model to get

ispyisail

Re: Can not find router for Gargle from local shops

Post by ispyisail »

I would try ebay

I hard to keep up with router model changes

Lantis

Re: Can not find router for Gargle from local shops

Post by Lantis »

I find the Netgear r7800 is good, but it was never sold in Australia.
It’s younger brother the d7800 was but it has worse performance. May not be an issue for you.
I bought a US one and then bought a AU power adaptor.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.