WRT1200AC

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

Shibblet

WRT1200AC

Post by Shibblet »

Gentlemen,

I have taken quite a lot of time looking through the forums in order to find which firmware I am supposed to download for the Linksys WRT1200AC.

There is a lot of talk about it, and the 1900AC. However, I cannot find anything that tells me which firmware I am supposed to download for that router.

Can anyone assist with this please?

Thank you.

Lantis

Re: WRT1200AC

Post by Lantis »

Lantis wrote:Your architecture is called "mvebu".
See this wiki page https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/linksys/wrt1x00ac_series
From the supported hardware table, your model is referred to as "Caiman"
Has been discussed before :) must have missed it in your search
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Shibblet

Post by Shibblet »

Hey, thanks for the reply. I either missed it, or read right over top of it.

After reading your reply, it still took me a little bit to understand what I was actually looking for. Architecture and such... And the forums do not allow you to post direct links.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

So have you got it figured out now?

I forgot we don’t call it “mvebu” on the download page. Marvell Armada is the one you want. Each of the images hen has mvebu in the name.
Then you want “caiman”
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

d3fz

Post by d3fz »

Isn't the latest build more up-to-date and stable then the one found on "Downloads" page ?

If so, and if you're flashing Gargoyle for the first time, this is the image file you need.

Further builds can always be found the Show / Tell / Contribute forum.
TP-Link Archer C7 v2 - Gargoyle 1.12.X
TP-Link WR842ND v2 - Gargoyle 1.10.X
TP-Link RE450 AC v2 - Stock FW 1.0.4
TP-Link WA850RE v1.2 - LEDE 17.01.1

Shibblet

Post by Shibblet »

Lantis and D3FZ,

Yes, thank you for your help.

I tried to install the .IMG file directly from DD-WRT. That caused router failure. Then I had to figure out how to boot it into Fail-Safe Mode, and tried to install the .IMG from there. Again, failure.

Finally, I booted to Fail-Safe Mode, flashed the factory Linksys Firmware for the WRT1200AC. Rebooted into the factory firmware. Then finally flashed Gargoyle.

All is up and running great at this point. I will need to go through and do some configuring though...

Again, thank you for your help and a point in the right direction.

d3fz

Post by d3fz »

Glad you worked it out by yourself and finally got Gargoyle up and running. 8-)

If you need some guidance in using/configuring it for the first time, that's a great place to start.
TP-Link Archer C7 v2 - Gargoyle 1.12.X
TP-Link WR842ND v2 - Gargoyle 1.10.X
TP-Link RE450 AC v2 - Stock FW 1.0.4
TP-Link WA850RE v1.2 - LEDE 17.01.1