Trying to build image for Raspberry Pi2

Discuss the technical details of Gargoyle and ongoing development

Moderator: Moderators

Nighty

Re: Trying to build image for Raspberry Pi2

Post by Nighty »

I just tried your img, but I couldn't connect to it via ethernet or console pins. Do I need to plug in a monitor & keyboard?

Nighty

Post by Nighty »

Hmm I just noticed the filename for the image has 2708 and 2709 in it, does that mean it won't work on an old B+ ?

Slyon

Post by Slyon »

I'm encountering the same problem.

The first time i've build and booted the raspberry wired to my router i could get into the web ui. (changing in /etc/config/network the initial ip)

Now i can't see it anymore. I don't know what is changed.
I've tried to rebuild image and nothing... How can i adjust it to connect to a router, download everything to configure the usb modem and then use the ethernet port as a wan for another router?
Is it possible? I have to edit the /etc/config/network to succeed?

Thank you!

caeci11ius

Post by caeci11ius »

Nighty wrote:Hmm I just noticed the filename for the image has 2708 and 2709 in it, does that mean it won't work on an old B+ ?
I built it specifically for 2709...I think it will only work on the Pi2, as the build options need to be set differently (target platform) for the Pi1.

While I did get it to start up OK and got a second ethernet device working via USB, I didn't have much success getting Gargoyle to correctly configure these devices. I'm guessing there's some sort of config you need to set to tell it which devices to use for which purpose (eth0/eth1 etc) but never got around to figuring out how to do that...

Nighty

Post by Nighty »

Ah ok thanks for the update. And hello from Tassie ;)