MAC Groups

Discuss the technical details of Gargoyle and ongoing development

Moderator: Moderators

nworbnhoj

Re: MAC Groups

Post by nworbnhoj »

Edit Button - feedback requested

I have departed from the Gargoyle norm for the behaviour of the Edit Button on the Gargoyle - Connections - Devices page. The edit behaviour is hopefully intuitive for the user, but with reduced code size and complexity.

The Google norm Edit button pops up an independent window.

The Devices and Group Edit buttons remove the row from the table, re-populate the original input fields, and re-locates the browser to the top (useful when the table is long). The user may edit the settings and then click the Add button to place the new info back into the table. Nothing is actually saved until the SaveChanges button at the bottom of the page is clicked (so nothing is lost if the user abandons the changes early)

If this approach is acceptable, then there are code size savings to be had in other existing Gargoyle pages.
Can you help someone else get Gargoyle up and running?
TL-WDR3600 : Gargoyle 1.9.0 : NBN FixedWireless
TL-WR1043ND-V2 : Gargoyle 1.8.0 : 3G Huawei E160E

nworbnhoj

Post by nworbnhoj »

Got one! I get the prize for finding the first bug.

There is something about publishing software that chases bugs out from under oft checked rocks.

It seems that only the first quota assigned to a Device Group is translating into iptable rules; and the subsequent quotas are ignored. I will fix it once I understand it!

There is still a runners up prize for the second!

[UPDATE] Fixed

nworbnhoj

Post by nworbnhoj »

Device Groups has now been implemented for Firewall Quotas, Restrictions and QoS rules.

Eric advises that it will be a few weeks before he has time to review the Pull Request - so if anyone is interested in building their own image from Git and testing a bit that would be much appreciated. :-)