Support for Atheros 71XX

Discuss the technical details of Gargoyle and ongoing development

Moderator: Moderators

noleafclover

Support for Atheros 71XX

Post by noleafclover »

Hello - I am an engineering student in the U.S. I usually deal with larger scale hardware but have been messing around with an Atheros 7130 board with OpenWRT. I wanted to give Gargoyle a shot to create a good multipurpose QOS device that is easy for anybody to configure.

I don't know much about software so I could be using the wrong source, but is Gargoyle going to be using the latest OpenWRT trunk anytime soon? 7.09 Kamikaze doesn't support the AR71XX boards, but the latest 8.09 trunk does, and was hoping to see Garoyle moving to this soon. Thanks.

Eric
Site Admin

Re: Support for Atheros 71XX

Post by Eric »

You're in luck -- I've accelerated my planned release schedule for 8.09 compatibility to just a couple of weeks, possibly less. I'm going to release a Beta 4 (instead of RC1) with no other improvements except moving to 8.09 very soon since a lot of people are having problems with PPPoE support (see this thread) in 7.09 that should be fixed in 8.09.

noleafclover

Post by noleafclover »

Excellent! Thanks for the hard work. I'll be watching for it and am looking forward to giving it a try.

mordak

Post by mordak »

This is great news. The WRT160NL maybe a candidate for a Gargoyle install then I take it? I'm watching development in all the major firmware forums for that. :D