How to re-launch menuconf

Discuss the technical details of Gargoyle and ongoing development

Moderator: Moderators

BashfulBladder

Re: How to re-launch menuconf

Post by BashfulBladder »

> could you change [the patches] in git repository
I only commit to my branch. Look, I have patches to Gargoyle that aren't in the repository either. Big whoop.

> You said that [bwmon] works
I said it compiles. I haven't looked at bandwidth since I internationalized the page & tested Spanish. I know there are charts, things go up, they go down. I looked at the bandwidth page & it seems to provide data. I'm not overly interested in bandwidth. r37174 is on a 2nd router that has WAN & DHCP disabled, so it doesn't get a lot of action. It seems to work.

> You wrote that you compiled for AA r37174. What git do you uset for GG
From my own i18n-2013 branch. That is what I am testing & using while Eric evaluates the internationalization implementation for possible inclusion.

> Could you test r37174 and GG master and provide me built image
I think it is best to have as big a pool of people as possible to compile their own firmware. I provided a single zip file of ar71xx images of an earlier i18n-2013 branch so people could test out Spanish. And switch to English in like 3 seconds. I should probably take down as its a little old by now.

So whichever router you have (I'm not certain if its FONERA20N or OBIwhatever), and whatever patches you require are up to you (which seemed extensive). You are in the best position to fulfill your goals.

> Do you plan to implement polish language from Czezary "Osby "
When someone provides the Polish translations in the expected form, they can be added. He may choose to be an independent agent. As I will only be using English, I don't have a pony in this race.
TP-Link WDR3600 v1.1 running 1.5.10+ L10n-English (Built 20130922 - OpenWrt r38093)
TP-Link WDR4300 running 1.5.10+ i18n-English (Built 20131010 - OpenWrt r38286)

https://github.com/BashfulBladder/gargoyle-plugins/wiki

roblad

Post by roblad »

Hi,

Is it possibpe to compile i18n-2013 branch for ramips fonera20n by you and give me the image for testing ? I will download you git after succesful deploy and test, and will rebuild in my enviroment.

Is it possible ?

Regarts,
Robert

PS,

Could you provide me your requirements, what do you need for translation, maybe I cen help for adding PL language to your repository.

roblad

Post by roblad »

Hi,

Build finished succesfuly, bwmon works.

Upgrade and config save works.

Right now I build the 37174 from Osby patched in PL by his patches - no errors right now.

I have comfirmation that in his repository even latest AA should work, I will test.

!!!! bwmon works in that it is Osby repo, great !!! everything looks well, thanks for help.

Regards
Robert

crovax2007

Post by crovax2007 »

Hello Guys, going back to the original subject. Is possible to re-launch menuconfig in a more "elegant" or efficient way than deleting the custom-scr directory everytime?. At the moment I'm trying to compile a custom firmware for 703.
Thanks.