Packages

Discuss the technical details of Gargoyle and ongoing development

Moderator: Moderators

mix

Packages

Post by mix »

I noticed some of the packages like miniupnp, ntpclient, wget, etc. aren't exactly the latest and greatest versions. Is there some dependency with OpenWRT that stops from updating the latest and greatest? Just wondering what the thinking was with regards to what version of packages/programs are in included in the Gargoyle firmware distro?
WRT54GL v1.1
Gargoyle 1.4.7

hnl_dk

Re: Packages

Post by hnl_dk »

Gargoyle is using the latest stable OpenWRT built packages.
You could try to see if you can use the latest experimental OpwnWRT packages, but it is on your own risk.
http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/ ... /packages/
Router: TL-WR1043ND - Gargoyle 1.5.4
AP: TL-WR1043ND - Gargoyle 1.5.4

mix

Post by mix »

Ok. I guess I am wrong about wget anyways. There is a package for it, but it is also part of busybox. I guess I am not too concerned if the project is just using the same packages as the default for backfire.
WRT54GL v1.1
Gargoyle 1.4.7

hnl_dk

Post by hnl_dk »

mix wrote:Ok. I guess I am wrong about wget anyways. There is a package for it, but it is also part of busybox. I guess I am not too concerned if the project is just using the same packages as the default for backfire.
Yes, but then you can say... The "stable" BusyBox of backfire is BusyBox 1.15.3 (12 December 2009) ... but the lastest stable is BusyBox 1.19.4... that is a huge difference.
OpenWRT experimental is using BusyBox 1.19.3.
Router: TL-WR1043ND - Gargoyle 1.5.4
AP: TL-WR1043ND - Gargoyle 1.5.4