Gargoyle 1.11+ firmware files for fonera 2.0g / fon2202

Discuss the technical details of Gargoyle and ongoing development

Moderator: Moderators

nestul

Gargoyle 1.11+ firmware files for fonera 2.0g / fon2202

Post by nestul »

Hello,

I have tried to download the 2 files for this atheros 2315 device needed to flash Gargoyle using FonFlash utility (rootfs and kernel files).
But when I select 1.11 or 1.12 I only can download a file named

Code: Select all

gargoyle_1.1x.0-ath25-generic-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin
On 1.10 and previous version i am able to download

Code: Select all

gargoyle_1.x.0-ath25-root.squashfs
gargoyle_1.x.0-ath25-vmlinux.lzma
files, which are the ones supposed to work with FonFlash. How can i upgrade a fonera to latest versions then?

Lantis

Re: Gargoyle 1.11+ firmware files for fonera 2.0g / fon2202

Post by Lantis »

If they are no longer provided, you will need to compile them yourself.
I don't know if the tools are even compatible anymore, and I personally am not doing any development effort for them.

If you want support you can try asking Eric (best to PM him) but I don't know if he will be able to help either.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

nestul

Re: Gargoyle 1.11+ firmware files for fonera 2.0g / fon2202

Post by nestul »

Ok, I will try to contact Eric and inform myself about compiling those files, but I have compiled openwrt 19.07.3 myself and there isn't any "name_of_the_file".squashfs file in the resulting files, only lzma and several bin files, and I haven't been able to find information about how to create them if neccessary. I hope Eric can point me in the right direction. Maybe I could use some bin file in the place of the .squashfs file? :?:

Thanks.