nfs-kernel-server build gotcha

Discuss the technical details of Gargoyle and ongoing development

Moderator: Moderators

joequant

nfs-kernel-server build gotcha

Post by joequant »

I kept running into compile issues with nfs-kernel-server and it was obscure enough so that I want to leave a note which someone can pick up with google.

The problem was that I was getting undefined errors in constants. What happened was that I had a broken environment in which gcc was running but cpp wasn't. rpcgen failed but produced a compilable header file that caused issues later in the build.

Also, I'm trying to upgrade nfs-kernel-server to the latest version to pick up ipv6 functionality. I copied in the latest nfs-kernel-server and libtirpc from openwrt, but I'm getting errors at the packaging stage about nfs-kernel-server missing libraries.

joequant

Re: nfs-kernel-server build gotcha

Post by joequant »

One other build gotcha that's sort of silly. I tried building a local image for my archer c7, and apparently there was a build problem that caused an openwrt interface with luci to be created.

This worked on my router, but it took me a while to realize that 1.11 had all of the functionality of 1.10. I assumed incorrectly that a lot of porting effort remained to be done to port LEDE over, and it's only after reading the forums that I realized that someone was wrong with my build.

I now have a 1.11 image for my Archer c7v2. I ran into dhcp lease problems preserving old settings, but once I did a clean upgrade and copied over my old settings by hand, everything works beautifully.