Compiling problem

Discuss the technical details of Gargoyle and ongoing development

Moderator: Moderators

lgolebio

Compiling problem

Post by lgolebio »

Hi !
I have problem with compiling the gargoyle from trunk.

I get an error....
Build failed. Please re-run make with V=99 to see what's going on
make: *** [world] Błąd 1
full-build.sh: line 67: return: can only `return' from a function or sourced script

Eric
Site Admin

Re: Compiling problem

Post by Eric »

Since you're using full-build.sh and not full-build-trunk.sh I assume you mean the Gargoyle trunk and not the OpenWrt trunk. If you want to compile with the OpenWrt trunk use the full-build-trunk.sh.

I'm not sure exactly what is causing the problem you are having, but I haven't been able to replicate it. I just checked out and built the latest SVN (rev. 10) and it built without errors. The first thing that comes to mind is to make sure you have enough disk space. The build process takes up over 1 GB of space. If that's not it, go into the full-build.sh script and replace the "make" line with "make V=99", rerun and post the errors you get here. I'll be happy to look at it and see if I can figure out what is wrong.

lgolebio

Post by lgolebio »

Nope, I have enough space on my disk ;). I'm posting the log but I don't know if that will help.
scripts/mod/sumversion.c:387: error: for each function it appears in.)
scripts/mod/sumversion.c:387: warning: unused variable 'filelist'
make[7]: *** [scripts/mod/sumversion.o] Error 1
make[6]: *** [scripts/mod] Error 2
make[5]: *** [scripts] Error 2
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/lukasz/gargoyle/trunk/fonplus-2.6-src/build_mips/linux-2.6-atheros/linux-2.6.21.5'
make[4]: *** [/home/lukasz/gargoyle/trunk/fonplus-2.6-src/build_mips/linux-2.6-atheros/linux-2.6.21.5/.modules] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/lukasz/gargoyle/trunk/fonplus-2.6-src/target/linux/atheros-2.6'
make[3]: *** [compile] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/lukasz/gargoyle/trunk/fonplus-2.6-src/target/linux'
make[2]: *** [linux-compile] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/lukasz/gargoyle/trunk/fonplus-2.6-src/target'
make[1]: *** [target/compile] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/lukasz/gargoyle/trunk/fonplus-2.6-src'
make: *** [world] Błąd 2
full-build.sh: line 67: return: can only `return' from a function or sourced script

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

Based on the error messages you provide I suspect your problem is the one reported here:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emul ... evel/51909

This seems to be dependent on the version of linux you are using to compile OpenWrt, and while I can't be sure I suspect you will find the same problem if you tried compiling OpenWrt without the additions of Gargoyle.

However, the fix indicated in the link above is easy to implement. I've modified the trunk (r11) so that this patch is automatically applied. Try checking out the latest source and see if this fixes your problem.

lgolebio

Post by lgolebio »

You are the man ! It worked ! :D