Gargoyle 1.35 & Tp-Link TL-WR1043ND Bugs

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Xarlith

Re: Gargoyle 1.35 & Tp-Link TL-WR1043ND Bugs

Post by Xarlith »

Your corrected script works like a charm. Such little thing like an wrong order of function names was causing the issue :o .
Thanks for the fix.

pbix
Developer

Post by pbix »

I will add it to the repo so that it will be fixed officially when Eric makes his next release.

Thanks for checking this out.
Linksys WRT1900ACv2
Netgear WNDR3700v2
TP Link 1043ND v3
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
WRT54G-TM

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

Mitar: Both pbix and I are looking into the issue (10) you report with with the QoS congestion controller. Neither of us have been able to replicate the problem so far, but we both have test routers configured, and will continue to watch out for whatever might be causing this.

alternative

Post by alternative »

Does N mode is working for somebody ?if yes ,what is wireless speeds?just waiting for same tplink model on next week..

tajima

Post by tajima »

Hi All,

Sorry if I post in the wrong section. I need a help how to flash this TPLink particular model with Gargoyle from stock firmware.

Thank you in advance.

Mitar

Post by Mitar »

tajima wrote:Hi All,

Sorry if I post in the wrong section. I need a help how to flash this TPLink particular model with Gargoyle from stock firmware.

Thank you in advance.
Use this file :
http://www.gargoyle-router.com/download ... actory.bin
and flash normally from web interface.

and back to topic.
After disabling Active Congestion Control router is stable, atm have 5 days uptime

alternative

Post by alternative »

so,got mine one.original fw looks nice,but unstable:max uptime 12 hrs,then or no connection at all or problems with dns.
Deside to put gargoyle;after flashing ..no webui access,just ssh,no any gargoyle processes was found through ps.but after some hours of investigating and maybe 3 reboots,i get accessed to webui. :?:
Wireless link shows 130 Mbit/s,with ~50Mit/s real speed;how can i get 300 Mbit.-with original fw i get full 300Mbit/s connection with from 120 to 160 Mbit/s real speed.
also noticed that DMZ won't work.
then ,while rebooting, lan go through wan like bridge,and my pc get dhcp strightly from isp ,its no good,cause later i need to wait for 10 min to get connected to internet, because my isp required to wait for connection, if mac was changed. :(
in any way,nice work.thank you.

tajima

Post by tajima »

@alternative, what version of the unit do you have?

Can anyone else please tell me what version of the unit who had successfully flashed the unit without any issue?

In Australia market, I found this model in version 1.7, whereas http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/start#tp-link mentions only version 1 - 1.6. Will it be an issue if I get version 1.7?

Thanks.

Mitar

Post by Mitar »

tajima wrote: Can anyone else please tell me what version of the unit who had successfully flashed the unit without any issue?
I have 1.6 and everything is working smoothly.
Without single problem and crash / reboot after disabled Active Congestion Control.

alternative

Post by alternative »

Mine one 1,6 too.
I installed openvpn,it starts ok,but router go for reboot everytime after client is connected. :cry:
nothing in log files,also i can't find messages in /var/log/ directory.how can i read syslog remotely?