"Segmentation Fault" when installing ipk

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

nchall

"Segmentation Fault" when installing ipk

Post by nchall »

I'm trying to install the Neorouter VPN server .ipk for Barrier Breaker on Gargoyle 1.8.1 listed as stable. I do opkg install (name of ipk) over SSH and it runs for a sec then throws up a "Segmentation Fault" error. I am in the /tmp directory which is where I thought this should be executed. Any and all ideas appreciated. Thank you.

Lantis

Re: "Segmentation Fault" when installing ipk

Post by Lantis »

How recently did you flash 1.8.1? Segmentation faults are pretty common with the plugin system, it's a bit of a pain but I don't know of a solution.

It would usually indicate another error has occurred.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

nchall

Post by nchall »

This was three days ago when I flashed it. I'll keep investigating. Thank you.

nchall

Post by nchall »

OK. I've looked into this as best I can. My knowledge is fairly limited, however, so would appreciate any other ideas as I was unable to find a solution.

nchall

Post by nchall »

I would bump this, but I don't think anyone's looking :)

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Of course I'm looking. It's a complicated issue which I don't know how to trace down.
You can manually uninstall packages (which is the most common time this error occurs) so I don't bother with the error and it doesn't bother me :P

What ipk? Exact name/version.
Also why not try 1.9.X
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

nchall

Post by nchall »

It is the latest Neorouter Server ipk. It needs to be installed on Barrier Breaker which is the reason for the older version.