Subnet mask, dhcp address no match

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

ifican

Subnet mask, dhcp address no match

Post by ifican »

First off this is a great first try. I try my best to support all of you guys that just go for it so to speak. So as soon as you announced this i loaded it to give it a try. The only thing that i notice was the dhcp range does not line up with the router mask if you change the router mask. Default dhcp range starts at 100, i changed my router ip and masking. The new ip is .1 with a /29 (.248) so only 6 usuable ip and the dhcp ip my machine recieved was 2. Not the 100 that was stipulated via dhcp range. This is a minor issue, but in testing i like to bring up anything i come across. Great work and i will report as i find anytning.

Eric
Site Admin

Re: Subnet mask, dhcp address no match

Post by Eric »

This issue has now been fixed in the SVN and the fix will be included in Beta 2 when I release it (probably 3 weeks to a month from now).

The fix makes sure that when you set the netmask in connection/basic an appropriate range for dhcp will automatically be applied, and if you try setting a range outside your subnet in connection/dhcp you will get an error notification.

Thanks for trying my software and for pointing out this issue. I can't fix bugs I don't know about. Also, thanks for having the courage to be the first post in my forum -- it was rather empty before your post!