Need to reset to MY custom defaults

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

toysareforboys

Need to reset to MY custom defaults

Post by toysareforboys »

When I press the reset button on the back of the router I need it to reset to MY custom specified defaults (not wireless disabled like factory default).

I read some threads that I just needed to make a backup.tar.gz file of my current settings then dump it in /etc/original_backup/ but I think that must be for an older version of the software or something (running 1.6.2 on TP-Link TL-1043ND v2).

I ran "uci get system.@button[-1].handler" and it told me that when someone presses the reset button it runs "firstboot". I looked through firstboot, didn't see a way to have it use my custom settings .tar.gz file :(

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

-Jamie M.

Lantis

Re: Need to reset to MY custom defaults

Post by Lantis »

Haven't done a firstboot in ages but I thought there was an option to restore a backup?
Edit: I was mistaken.

So is restoring to defaults and then applying a backup out of the question?

There is also an option for you to build your own custom image where your network settings are the default.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

toysareforboys

Post by toysareforboys »

Lantis wrote:So is restoring to defaults and then applying a backup out of the question?
Correct, this is not possible. The restorations must be done in the future using just the physical reset button on the router :(
Lantis wrote:There is also an option for you to build your own custom image where your network settings are the default.
Ohhh, nice! Do you have a link or more information on how to do this?

-Jamie M.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

i'm no expert, so i can only give you the tools to try it yourself.

You'll want to set yourself up a Build Environment to make your own images.
See:
http://www.gargoyle-router.com/wiki/dok ... umentation

Once you have all of the openwrt files necessary, you can make changes to them. My understanding is that you'll want to make changes to this file:

~/BUILDDIRECTORY/CHIPSET-src/package/kernel/mac80211/files/lib/wifi/mac80211.sh

at the end of this file is the default settings that get written into the build.

I think this is your best solution, but a tad tedious lol.
Attachments
gdSghdfszh.PNG
gdSghdfszh.PNG (169.96 KiB) Viewed 4355 times
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.