Reboot loop / Timezone BW usage bug

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Lantis

Re: Reboot loop / Timezone BW usage bug

Post by Lantis »

You are aware that you will lose all bandwidth history whenever it runs?
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

BENROFU

Post by BENROFU »

I also experienced same problem now. Sunday 28 march we went over to "summertime" in norway. +1hrs.

I did disconnect wan and deleted bwmon history to get it work again, but lost all the history.

It did luckily NOT reset the bandwidth quotas.

I assume when we come to october (wintertime) i will have same problem. Is there any other way to fix this without loosing my BW history ?

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

I don't know of any other way.

Call to action, the next time someone encounters this error, please make a copy of your bandwidth data before deleting it and PM me. I'd like to examine it and try to find out what went wrong.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

BENROFU

Post by BENROFU »

Ok, i will do!
Can anyone tell me how to make a copy of the files?
It will not connect with FTP.

BENROFU

Post by BENROFU »

No problems now when we go back to winter-time. 👍🏻

ericwong

Post by ericwong »

Seems like I have just run into this problem with my WRT1900ACS using the latest firmware 1.13.0. As mentioned before, resetting it fixes it.

I am using it in Melbourne and we have daylight savings a week ago.

1) The router keep will keep rebooting, basically as soon as PPPoE is established, i.e. within 5min up time.
2) I tried to download a full backup but not successful because the router will reboot before it is completed.
3) I did managed to download the bandwidth data using SCP before it rebooted.
4) I was able to download full backup after deleting bandwidth data.
5) If I manually insert the bandwidth data into the backup file and restore it to the router. The reboot loop problem can be reproduced.

I will sent my bandwidth data to Lantis via PM, so he can look into it.

Note: I am overload and may not read emails, so it can be weeks/months before I may come back here or read emails.
Eric Wong

PM me if you need to buy Gargoyle router in Australia/NZ, willing to pay me to help you on your Gargoyle configurations or build custom configured ROM with pre-installed app or try to fix your bricked router. Yes, I am looking for job/work.