chrome acces router management not working

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

mates

chrome acces router management not working

Post by mates »

when I am using chrome for loging into router management than i got an error that page is not exists (i have this problem about 1 month ... i thinked that this is chrome error, but still not working)

Chrome - not working login - page is not available (but when i use https://10.0.0.1/login.sh than page is loaded ok, but when I type password than same looks like redirect not working)

IE - working correctly
Firefox - working correctly
Opera - working correctly
Last edited by mates on Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

monq

Re: chrome acces router management not working

Post by monq »

The error is actually "ERR_HEADERS_TRUNCATED".

ericwong

Post by ericwong »

Chrome works fine here on Gargoyle 1.5.10
Eric Wong

PM me if you need to buy Gargoyle router in Australia/NZ, willing to pay me to help you on your Gargoyle configurations or build custom configured ROM with pre-installed app or try to fix your bricked router. Yes, I am looking for job/work.

mates

Post by mates »

ericwong wrote:Chrome works fine here on Gargoyle 1.5.10
hmm thats strange for me is still not working, still i got message that page are momentary not available with error ERR_HEADERS_TRUNCATED

what chrome you have? today i have latest stable version 28.0.1500.95 m

ericwong

Post by ericwong »

mates wrote: what chrome you have? today i have latest stable version 28.0.1500.95 m
Same version as you do...
Version 28.0.1500.95 m

try another computer, maybe it is related to your computer itself..
Eric Wong

PM me if you need to buy Gargoyle router in Australia/NZ, willing to pay me to help you on your Gargoyle configurations or build custom configured ROM with pre-installed app or try to fix your bricked router. Yes, I am looking for job/work.

mates

Post by mates »

ericwong wrote: Same version as you do...
Version 28.0.1500.95 m

try another computer, maybe it is related to your computer itself..
strange I tested on my 2 PC (windows 8)
on work PC (windows 7)
and on one oldPC (windows xp)

also i tried english version of chrome (normaly I am using czech version)

netweaver

Post by netweaver »

same issue here, but I noticed that, due to the untrusted certificate, Chrome automatically 'seems' to switch to HTTP (after pressing 'proceed' the first time hitting the router). So it switches from HTTPS to HTTP, at least visually. And I don't have HTTP enabled to talk to the router. So the page can't be loaded. That was my first though.

I can see, for Firefox and IE, they keep HTTPS as protocol, after accepting the security risk due to unsigned/invalid certificate and they work fine after that.

For testing I enabled also HTTP on the WebAdmin interface. Sadly same issue as before when hitting it first via HTTPS. But when hitting it with HTTP, all works fine. So it's indeed something with the redirect after the first contact using HTTPS.

I'm only a user since 1.5.10 stock and now I'm using the latest 1.5.x of Oct 2nd. On all Gargoyle versions, still same issue. Chrome version on the PC is 31.0.1650.8 dev-m.

Also when hitting it using Chrome from iOS (iPhone), I'm having the same 'bad' behaviour. Safari there works kind of ok, but it has other (Javascript rendering) problems.

Just my 5 cents.

EDIT: Just tried with latest Chrome : 32.0.1659.2 dev-m Aura. Same issue

mates

Post by mates »

Still same isue with 1.5.11

chrome 30.0.1599.101 m - see certification error , pages are not working because ERR_HEADERS_TRUNCATED
Opera 17.0.1241.45 - same as chrome (older version worked OK :/ )
IE9, IE10 - see certification error , pages are working ok
Firefox 24 - OK

how to reproduce:
Go to System / Router Access
Set Remote Web Admin Access to HTTPS
Set Remote port
access wia WAN to your router - you will see certificate error and isues described for all browser

butler360

Post by butler360 »

There's some interesting information here: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/jasig-c ... bcMxxdfpsJ

It may actually be the headers being sent incorrectly as the error says. Hopefully this can be fixed in Gargoyle, sucks not being able to get to the interface from my Chromebook.

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

This long-standing bug should now be fixed in the source code repository (commit e7e865b). The culprit is that chrome handles a certain specific format of the Location header in a http redirect header differently than other browsers. I updated the web server to handle this discrepancy and it should work now.