Dynamic DNS issue

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

kwolf

Dynamic DNS issue

Post by kwolf »

Neither my free DynDNS nor my No-IP.org host names are being updated. Gargoyle says that they were updated with a timestamp like this: 07/06 19:08:01 yet today I receive an email that it has not been updated in a month and will expire. I've been having this problem since at least 1.5.9. I even did a factory reset and added the DynDNS host names again manually when I upgraded to 1.5.10.

This could be related to the firmware not properly updating the dynamic dns records with an IP address that has not changed, since where I live residential Comcast Dynamic IPs might as well be Static IPs.

Wolfclaw

Re: Dynamic DNS issue

Post by Wolfclaw »

DynDns no longer supports free accounts, removal from next version?

No-IP working fine for me.

pbix
Developer

Post by pbix »

I am using my dyndns.org account without problems here.
Linksys WRT1900ACv2
Netgear WNDR3700v2
TP Link 1043ND v3
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
WRT54G-TM

ericwong

Post by ericwong »

kwolf wrote:Neither my free DynDNS nor my No-IP.org host names are being updated. Gargoyle says that they were updated with a timestamp like this: 07/06 19:08:01 yet today I receive an email that it has not been updated in a month and will expire. I've been having this problem since at least 1.5.9. I even did a factory reset and added the DynDNS host names again manually when I upgraded to 1.5.10.

This could be related to the firmware not properly updating the dynamic dns records with an IP address that has not changed, since where I live residential Comcast Dynamic IPs might as well be Static IPs.
I have the same problem here... I think that is probably because my IP address is static because the No-IP.org e-mail says..
If you are using the Dynamic Update Client and your IP address has not changed within the past 30 days, you must manually update it to prevent them from being removed from our system.
I suggest you use dnsdynamic.org service instead and you won't have such problems. Use the code below to add it to gargoyle.
http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... f=6&t=4323
Eric Wong

PM me if you need to buy Gargoyle router in Australia/NZ, willing to pay me to help you on your Gargoyle configurations or build custom configured ROM with pre-installed app or try to fix your bricked router. Yes, I am looking for job/work.