ERROR: Dependency libffmpeg of package minidlna cannot be fo

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

enoon

ERROR: Dependency libffmpeg of package minidlna cannot be fo

Post by enoon »

Hi,

I have a minidlna install error.

ERROR: Dependency libffmpeg of package minidlna cannot be found, try updating your package lists

I have the following components installed:

root@Gargoyle:~# opkg list | grep libffmpeg
libffmpeg-custom - 0.8.7-2 - FFmpeg is a a software package that can record, convert and stream digital
libffmpeg-full - 0.8.7-2 - FFmpeg is a a software package that can record, convert and stream digital
libffmpeg-mini - 0.8.7-2 - FFmpeg is a a software package that can record, convert and stream digital

Why am I unable to install the minidlna package via opkg?

Any suggestions are welcome :)

PS: I have 1.5.10 factory installed. USB drive sharing worked like a charm from the web interface, PPPoE connection configuration was very easy.

ericwong

Re: ERROR: Dependency libffmpeg of package minidlna cannot b

Post by ericwong »

Have you run the command

opkg update

Before you try to install minidlna?
Eric Wong

PM me if you need to buy Gargoyle router in Australia/NZ, willing to pay me to help you on your Gargoyle configurations or build custom configured ROM with pre-installed app or try to fix your bricked router. Yes, I am looking for job/work.

enoon

Post by enoon »

yes, of course, otherwise opkg would not know about the minidlna plugin.

ericwong

Post by ericwong »

enoon wrote:yes, of course, otherwise opkg would not know about the minidlna plugin.
What happens when you try to install package libffmpeg?
Eric Wong

PM me if you need to buy Gargoyle router in Australia/NZ, willing to pay me to help you on your Gargoyle configurations or build custom configured ROM with pre-installed app or try to fix your bricked router. Yes, I am looking for job/work.

enoon

Post by enoon »

Well there are two situations:

in the firs post you see the three possibilities: libffmpeg-custom, libffmpeg-mini and libffmpeg-full.

1) with the first two, installed one by one and tried to install minidlna afterwards it does not work (ERROR: Dependency libffmpeg of package minidlna cannot be found, try updating your package lists
r).

2) if I try to install libffmpeg-full, I get the following error:

ERROR: Dependency kernel (= 3.3.8-1-d6597ebf6203328d3519ea3c3371a493) of package libffmpeg-full is installed,
but has incompatible version 3.3.8-1-418b0c9a3d2b0325109c4c9dd8680699 and is marked as 'hold'

The CRC is different.

ericwong

Post by ericwong »

enoon wrote:Well there are two situations:

in the firs post you see the three possibilities: libffmpeg-custom, libffmpeg-mini and libffmpeg-full.

1) with the first two, installed one by one and tried to install minidlna afterwards it does not work (ERROR: Dependency libffmpeg of package minidlna cannot be found, try updating your package lists
r).

2) if I try to install libffmpeg-full, I get the following error:

ERROR: Dependency kernel (= 3.3.8-1-d6597ebf6203328d3519ea3c3371a493) of package libffmpeg-full is installed,
but has incompatible version 3.3.8-1-418b0c9a3d2b0325109c4c9dd8680699 and is marked as 'hold'

The CRC is different.
Sorry, can't help you there.
Though, this can be fixed by custom build.

If you really want to run minidlna, try to build your own ROM and you can add the packages you need during compilation. minidlna have many dependencies.... and you may run into another problem even if this libffmpeg library problem is resolved.
Eric Wong

enoon

Post by enoon »

forgot to mention that I have a Tp Link tl-1043nd

optimal

Post by optimal »

enoon, did you ever resolve this? I'm having the same issue.

Thanks

optimal

Post by optimal »

I finally found some info buried in a thread. opkg needed to be fully installed.

gpkg install opkg

It then handled the download and installation correctly. Now getting everything to fit required installing on USB and configuration was a beast, but it works.

CaptainKansloos

Post by CaptainKansloos »

I had the exact same problem installing minidlna. Your solution works, thanks for that! However, I'm stuck on configuring; I have a USB disk mounted under '/dev/sda1' as mentioned under the webinterface. I've got Transmission BT running, which uses '/tmp/usb_mount/dev_sda1' however as the root path to store data.

The minidlna conf file in /etc/config looks like this:

Code: Select all

config minidlna config
	option 'enabled' '0'
	option port '8200'
	option interface 'br-lan'
	option friendly_name 'OpenWrt DLNA Server'
	option db_dir '/var/run/minidlna'
	option log_dir '/var/log'
	option inotify '1'
	option enable_tivo '0'
	option strict_dlna '0'
	option presentation_url ''
	option notify_interval '900'
	option serial '12345678'
	option model_number '1'
	option root_container '.'
	list media_dir '/mnt'
	option album_art_names 'Cover.jpg/cover.jpg/AlbumArtSmall.jpg/albumartsmall.jpg/AlbumArt.jpg/albumart.jpg/Album.jpg/album.jpg/Folder.jpg/folder.jpg/Thumb.jpg/thumb.jpg'
But I'm not shure whether I should remove the 'option' prefixes. I've tried redirecting the log_dir and db_dir variables to the USB storage, by altering tha path to '/tmp/usb_mount/sda1/minidlna/log' and /tmp/usb_mount/sda1/minidlna/db' respectively. When starting the minidlna service from /etc/init.d/ I get no error, but I do not see any database being created in de /minidlna/db folder on the USB disk.

Can anyone post a working config file?