OpenVPN Client mode Error: Could not find config file

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

fg6

Re: OpenVPN Client mode Error: Could not find config file

Post by fg6 »

Lantis wrote:Could you please provide examples of other bugs you would like squashed?
Please also feel free to contribute to the development where possible.
I lost my archived bug reports due to a hard drive crash but the issues are thoroughly documented on the OpenWRT site. Sorry that I must offend you in speaking my opinion, but having used all of the popular firmwares extensively there is no doubt in my mind that the OpenWRT code base & GUI is the most flawed, while Tomato has progressed the most in terms of features, stability & performance. Support for DNSsec / DNScrypt is also a no-brainer in the current era. I do contribute to other projects, but only those which seem to have a promising future.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

You don't offend me, but there's a difference in speaking an opinion and just spamming the forum.
If you want to get all of the threads together make a seperate post with links to them all, rather than your inverse approach of going to each thread and then linking to the others.
Or, message an admin or moderator to combine any threads you feel should be merged.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

I use OpenVPN all the time on Gargoyle

It works as expected (and stable at that)

Some things don't work but that's because Eric set it up only for basic VPN configurations.

I don't think Eric Likes "VPN service providers" as they can used be used for illegal purposes.

Its a feature limitation not a bug.

tapper

Post by tapper »

fg6 wrote:
Lantis wrote:Could you please provide examples of other bugs you would like squashed?
Please also feel free to contribute to the development where possible.
I lost my archived bug reports due to a hard drive crash but the issues are thoroughly documented on the OpenWRT site. Sorry that I must offend you in speaking my opinion, but having used all of the popular firmwares extensively there is no doubt in my mind that the OpenWRT code base & GUI is the most flawed, while Tomato has progressed the most in terms of features, stability & performance. Support for DNSsec / DNScrypt is also a no-brainer in the current era. I do contribute to other projects, but only those which seem to have a promising future.
Tomato has progressed? It's stil baste on kernel 2.6!+ Gargoyle has the best QOS hands down. O yeah and the best forum and mods. :D
Linksys WRT3200ACM
NETGEAR Nighthawk R7800
NETGEAR R6260

Heniro

Post by Heniro »

ispyisail wrote:I use OpenVPN all the time on Gargoyle

Some things don't work but that's because Eric set it up only for basic VPN configurations.

I don't think Eric Likes "VPN service providers" as they can used be used for illegal purposes.

Which mode below do you use?

Gargoyle OpenVPN can be used in 3 ways that I know of

1. Router to Router (fully supported)
2. Client to Router (Semi supported)
3. Router to Service provider (Not supported)

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

1 and 2

Both very stable

sanyad

Post by sanyad »

Similar Situation v1.9.1.
Tried to input Configuration files through upload and manually to configure my Gargoyle router as a VPN client to interface with Torguard VPN server.
Could not even upload/submit the configurations due the errors already listed in thread.
Kindly let it know if we can input the OpenVPN configuration of 3rd party server i.e. Torguard and Gargoyle router is used as a VPN client.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

sanyad wrote:Similar Situation v1.9.1.
Tried to input Configuration files through upload and manually to configure my Gargoyle router as a VPN client to interface with Torguard VPN server.
Could not even upload/submit the configurations due the errors already listed in thread.
Kindly let it know if we can input the OpenVPN configuration of 3rd party server i.e. Torguard and Gargoyle router is used as a VPN client.
Gargoyle does not connect VPN service providers.

Some people have got it to work but your on your own.

abgchile

Post by abgchile »

Gargoyle + OpenVPN in TL-W1043NDv2 with 1.10.0, no problems (with 1.6.2 works too)

It's normal o it's a problem that DMZ doesn't work with OpenVPN?

Regards from Chile.
ispyisail wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:34 am
I use OpenVPN all the time on Gargoyle

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Are you saying you can’t DMZ when using openvpn as a client or server?
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.