NFS problems WNDR3700v1

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

teknotic

NFS problems WNDR3700v1

Post by teknotic »

I just installed Gargoyle 1.5.8 on my Netgear WNDR3700v1. Everything seems to work great except for nfs. For some reason the nfs settings do not save from the web interface.

The nfs path shows up but it always defaults to read only even if I select read/write. If I enable the access policy from an IP it always prompts with ERROR: Invalid Address when I try to edit the share. So it looks like no settings are being saved.

I tried adding the nfs share to /etc/exports via cli and it seems to work for a while then it appears /etc/exports gets overwritten. Can someone suggest a work around or explain how Gargoyle handles the exports?

ispyisail

Re: NFS problems WNDR3700v1

Post by ispyisail »

I saw a patch on a similar topic

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
http://goo.gl/MnU6u

please post your results

leepoffaith

Re: NFS problems WNDR3700v1

Post by leepoffaith »

I just started using Gargoyle with my WNDR3700v2 and thus far I LOVE it, but I have this same exact problem. I was able to copy items from my network hard drive, but every time I'd try to send a file to the hard drive it wouldn't do anything. After looking through the settings I realized that the NFS access is staying at Write no matter if I change it or not. I think this might be why I can't write anything to the hard drive.

I would be more then willing to try any suggestions, but keep in mind I'm brand new and I have no idea how to program anything. I can install the software and that's about it. :D