Unable to print on Lexmark E350d

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

leshqo

Unable to print on Lexmark E350d

Post by leshqo »

Hi there

I've been using Gargoyle 1.4.x on my TpLink 1043 but recently I updated firmware to version 1.5.7 and 1.5.8. Since movement to 1.5.x I'm unable to print documents on my Lexmark E350d printer connected via USB port. Configuration semms to be ok, but when i set something to print nothing happens.

Below screenshots of my configuration

Router:

Printer on my PC (sorry for language ;))

Regards

SirLancelot1982

Re: Unable to print on Lexmark E350d

Post by SirLancelot1982 »

Hi

I've exactly the same situation with my Epson Stylus DX7450. Same configuration as in Documentation and the screens in the post above but nothing happened after Print.
---

Best Regards

SirLancelot1982

#---#
ROUTER: TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND
HW: 1.8
SW: Gargoyle 1.5.8
#---#

BigJ

Post by BigJ »

Same problem so I check - the print device has moved from /dev/lp0 to /dev/usb/lp0. So you need to edit /etc/config/p910nd so that the device is now set to /dev/usb/lp0 rather than /dev/lp0. To see the change remember to restart the p910nd service or reboot the router.

leshqo

Post by leshqo »

Thanks a log BigJ

Your solution solved my problem, and by the way I've learned how to edit router config files ;)

Regards

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

I actually noticed your post earlier and was scratching my head since I couldn't reproduce this problem in 1.5.8. The fact this edit fixed the problem suggests what happened.

The solution noted above was already introduced in 1.5.8. I suspect that the reason you had this problem in 1.5.8 was because you preserved settings when upgrading from 1.5.7, which is generally ok (it won't crash the router), but this resulted in this fix being over-written by the old config.

So, if you do a fresh install of 1.5.8 without preserving settings it should work, and this fix should already be there.