SWAP formatting is not working

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

hnl_dk

Re: SWAP formatting is not working

Post by hnl_dk »

ispyisail wrote:I suspect that manual deleting the drive format I could fix the problem but I suspect others will have this problem in the future?
yes, but it is very strange that only partition on the HDD is sda5.
Router: TL-WR1043ND - Gargoyle 1.5.4
AP: TL-WR1043ND - Gargoyle 1.5.4

ViBE

Post by ViBE »

not clear for me. why swap needed for Gargoyle? could someone describe for me please?

imbaSD

Post by imbaSD »

ViBE wrote:not clear for me. why swap needed for Gargoyle? could someone describe for me please?
https://www.gargoyle-router.com/wiki/do ... =swap_file
There are some applications and network situations that may require the need for more RAM, like DLNA file indexing, Tor or disk checks. There are a couple of options of upgrading RAM, via soldering or using a SWAP partition on a USB thumb drive.[...]
was looking for this right now and found it, supposed will be good to post it for future questions :)
TP-Link Archer C7 v2 @1.12

ViBE

Post by ViBE »

now i have another question. i will use my external HDD for download. but i don't understand one thing. why the hell 18GB swap needed? it's a 2TB drive and i guess 18GB is absolutely useless but Gargolye force it when format. why?

ektus

Post by ektus »

ViBE wrote:now i have another question. i will use my external HDD for download. but i don't understand one thing. why the hell 18GB swap needed? it's a 2TB drive and i guess 18GB is absolutely useless but Gargolye force it when format. why?
It doesn't force it, it only suggests a certain percentage of available memory. You may edit that number and set it to some sensible value like 1GB or less.

Regards
Ektus.

ViBE

Post by ViBE »

ektus wrote:
ViBE wrote:now i have another question. i will use my external HDD for download. but i don't understand one thing. why the hell 18GB swap needed? it's a 2TB drive and i guess 18GB is absolutely useless but Gargolye force it when format. why?
It doesn't force it, it only suggests a certain percentage of available memory. You may edit that number and set it to some sensible value like 1GB or less.

Regards
Ektus.
yes it allows to set but it does not allow me to use under 1%. so if i set 0,55% which is 1GB it will force to use 1% as swap.

ektus

Post by ektus »

ViBE wrote: yes it allows to set but it does not allow me to use under 1%. so if i set 0,55% which is 1GB it will force to use 1% as swap.
Try 0.55% (dot instead of comma or vice versa)

Regards
Ektus.

ViBE

Post by ViBE »

ektus wrote:
ViBE wrote: yes it allows to set but it does not allow me to use under 1%. so if i set 0,55% which is 1GB it will force to use 1% as swap.
Try 0.55% (dot instead of comma or vice versa)

Regards
Ektus.
i do of course. i use comma here just because i'm hungarian.

ViBE

Post by ViBE »

I solved this via PC. Connected the drive then resized with gparted. Much easier for me. But this is an issue that Gargoyle don't let the user to go under 1% while HDD's capacity grows day by day. It's a waste of free space.