Installed on WDNR3700v2 and work like a charm, found a bug

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

rushino

Installed on WDNR3700v2 and work like a charm, found a bug

Post by rushino »

Hello,

For thoses interested to know.. ive installed the firmware : gargoyle_1.5.0-ar71xx-wndr3700v2-squashfs-factory-NA

On my WDNR3700v2 device and it worked like a charm. All i had to do is to upload the firmware via the web interface and it worked. You must wait through that the green light stop blinking before doing anything on the new web interface that showing up after the process.

During the configuration of my new interface ive found a glitch (might not be one) and a bug, just wanted to share them and i also found a workaround for the bug in question.

1- Before using MAC Filter it seem you need wifi to be activated.. you can configure the whole page adding mac filter and enabled the wifi then push 'Save changes' you must activate the wifi then 'Save changes' and add your mac adresses to the MAC filter list.

2- Bug: Ive started to use the feature 'Mac filter' however there one MAC adresse which not lets me add in.. if you want it Eric i can sent it through PM. To make it work i had to place an existing correct MAC Adress and then replace each part with the mac adress that didnt work to finally be able to add it. Rather strange lol

Anyway it fell way much better than the netgear default firmware and this one finally got the features i want so a big thanks to you Eric ! I am pretty happy with it. :D

More to go on my experience with Gargoyle.

Thanks!