incorrect default password

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Roset

incorrect default password

Post by Roset »

Installed today firmware image for TL-WR1043ND (gargoyle_1.4.2-ar71xx-tl-wr1043nd-v1-squashfs-factory.bin) and got a problem with login by default admin password ("password"). Already rebooted router 1000 times and nothing helped. How could i bypass password and type new one? Or re-install/install another image?

Update: Pushed for 30-60 seconds hard reset button and it didnt even reset! I feel so bad that i already installed this image :evil:

hnl_dk

Re: incorrect default password

Post by hnl_dk »

Roset wrote:Installed today firmware image for TL-WR1043ND (gargoyle_1.4.2-ar71xx-tl-wr1043nd-v1-squashfs-factory.bin) and got a problem with login by default admin password ("password"). Already rebooted router 1000 times and nothing helped. How could i bypass password and type new one? Or re-install/install another image?

Update: Pushed for 30-60 seconds hard reset button and it didnt even reset! I feel so bad that i already installed this image :evil:
have you tried with a blank password?
Router: TL-WR1043ND - Gargoyle 1.5.4
AP: TL-WR1043ND - Gargoyle 1.5.4

behappy

Post by behappy »

Use Failsafe mode from wiki

Power up your router. When the 'SYS' light starts to blink, press and hold the 'QSS' button in the front-right until the blinking gets faster. Now open a telnet session to 192.168.1.1. No user name or password required.

Write command
mtd -r erase rootfs_data

Erasing user space (rootfs_data) is the same as returning to OpenWRT firmware defaults, meaning you lose all configurations then reset the password.

Roset

Post by Roset »

behappy, you are amazing! Thank you. After your suggestion i read all Gargoyle documentation and step by step configure my router.

P.s. From the beginning that was my fault, and Gargoyle image now is working fine for me.

vdnick

Post by vdnick »

For people who come across this in future: you can reset the password from failsafe mode without erasing data using the passwd command.

You may have to "mount_root" first if the passwd command gives you a read-only file system error.

SOURCE:

http://superuser.com/questions/355387/r ... to-default