AP+Client

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

ispyisail

Re: AP+Client

Post by ispyisail »

Im trying to set up my router so you can have a look for yourself if that helps

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

I tried to change the SSH and HTTP setting so i could access without a password and now i can't access the router at all

You should try adjusting those setting on your router to see what happens

Im going to reflash my router back to default

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

Oh.. so you're saying AP+client does work, but it (and everything else) is really unstable?

I've done most of my madwifi testing on fonera routers, though I do have an airlink 101, which is similar to the dir 300. I haven't played too much with it yet, though. If I have time tonight I'll see if I can replicate some of these issues on that.

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

FYI, you still need a password for ssh. You can only disable password for http. If you're trying to connect via ssh, you still need to specify the root password.

Update: Hmm.. you're right. The option to disable the web interface password isn't working. I'll see what I can do about fixing that tonight.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

Oh.. so you're saying AP+client does work, but it (and everything else) is really unstable?
Works (up to and hour)
internet--AP(wireless)--(wireless) Gragoyle (ethernet)--client PC

Fail
internet--AP(wireless)--(wireless) Gragoyle (wireless)--client PC

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

Ok, fixed the problem with the web login in the SVN. I'll upload new firmware sometime in the next day or two. That, at least is an easy fix.

Also, do you have the one hour timeout for either client mode on both the meraki and the Dir300 or just the Dir300?

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

I've got a serial to IP converter so if required i could set up a test rig for you to play with
P1020521.jpg
P1020521.jpg (123.2 KiB) Viewed 6934 times

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

Ok.. good news (I think), I can replicate the problem with AP+Client. I have no idea why it seemed to work last time I checked, but now it seems to be failing for me as you describe.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

Also, do you have the one hour timeout for either client mode on both the meraki and the Dir300 or just the Dir300?
Both routers appear to behave the same

I don't known exactly how long the router stay up. But for no reason they just stop working?

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

I've done most of my madwifi testing on fonera routers, though I do have an airlink 101, which is similar to the dir 300. I haven't played too much with it yet, though. If I have time tonight I'll see if I can replicate some of these issues on that.
You will need to use that custom version of fon flash. The one posted on the web doesn't work.

I should probably put someting on the wiki about flashing the dir-300 to make life a bit easier