WR1043ND - v1.3.16 - Access Restriction disappearing

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

vex8tion

WR1043ND - v1.3.16 - Access Restriction disappearing

Post by vex8tion »

Hi all,

New WR1043ND unpacked and dropped v1.3.16 and I'm having issues saving more than 5 rules. I can create them successfully but when I go to save, the first three are saved correctly but the rest reorder/disappear.

If I create and save one at a time the entries greater than 4 sometimes stick but often the entry in position 2 disappears and position 3 moves to 2, 4 moves to 3 etc etc.

Through trial and error I've found if I create 7 to 9 blank rules then go back and edit I can eventually get 5 usable rules.

Any ideas or is this a bug?

Thanks
Vex8tion...

billymm

Re: WR1043ND - v1.3.16 - Access Restriction disappearing

Post by billymm »

same problem is happening to me with disappearing rules in fw 1.3.14 & a wl500gp v2. :cry:

I create each Exception (white list) in Firewall-Restrictions & add new rule (rule appears in list) then Save Changes after each exception. Any additional rules (exceptions) I create over 4 a random rule disappears (ie if I create r1 r2 r3 r4 r5 - any 1 of the 5 exceptions disappears)

Is this a bug or is there a restriction to have many white list exception rules you can have?

rsaddey

Post by rsaddey »

Same with me using Dorito's v1.3.x (20110521) and WR1043ND. It looks like a bug (has nasty eyes).

sda

Post by sda »

I can also confirm with a 1043

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

I've just found (and fixed) a bug that could cause this under certain circumstances. The fix will be included in the next release.

vex8tion

Post by vex8tion »

Eric wrote:I've just found (and fixed) a bug that could cause this under certain circumstances. The fix will be included in the next release.
Wow. Good news. Thanks for the follow up Eric.

I'll be on the lookout but my kids will be happy if it takes a while.

Regards Vex

ceew

Post by ceew »

I dont know if it is fixed, but the quotas and dhcp lists are still their but the settings for more then 5 quotas are not being applied,
under the graphs when you check hosts you can easily see their is a problem..
Bandwidth Graph Display Options
Hostname
IP
you can see that the ip is not being applied to the individual mac address -- for me, random 3 are being sorted, but not the following 3

I had more then 6 in my dchp list

1.3.X (Built 20110521-1839 git@5431172)

I cant remember if the version above is the latest git or not.(its what I'm using)

Cheers

H3X

Re: WR1043ND - v1.5.x Access Restriction disappearing

Post by H3X »

Dearest Eric

v.1.5.3 ( and any 1.5.x)

http://gargoyle/restriction_edit_rule.sh

I have this same problem ( from old thread) on my1043ND since starting trying out Gragoyle the last few weeks. Its working well, much beter than tplink and i can block out with hosts file but would really like to use the firewall as its more powerful. but the window opens , then the options disappear within a split second. The usb and tor work super.

Any chance you can fix it for 1.5.x please ?

H3X
Eric wrote:I've just found (and fixed) a bug that could cause this under certain circumstances. The fix will be included in the next release.

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

I've tried to reproduce this problem several different ways... but it seems to work fine for me. Can you give a little bit more detail about your configuration and the rules where you're having problems?

Side note: What you describe is different from what the original poster last year was claiming. You're claiming when you go to edit a rule, the controls aren't there. Original problem (now fixed) was that sometimes rules wouldn't get added at all, and/or disappear after saving.

H3X

Post by H3X »

Hi Eric

Ok maybe i didnt explain to good. here goes... I installed gargoyle 1.5.3. When i choose Firewall menu and then select Restrictons and add a rule. The window opens , I see the full list of options for a milisecond, then the window refeshes to just show the top box selection and 2 buttons Close and apply changes / Clsoe and Discard Changes ... the rest of the window is blank.. i tried with IE8 . FF and even my Asus eepad.. all do the same effect. Soi i cant make an entry. Some other ppl have shown the same scren shot and described the problem not being able to save a rule.
Attachments
rule.png
rule.png (19.38 KiB) Viewed 7285 times