Email Plugin with Ping Watchdog

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

ejlviking

Email Plugin with Ping Watchdog

Post by ejlviking »

Hello,

I have installed the Email Plugin with SSL and the Ping Watchdog. My goal was to ping a certain host, and if it fails, perform action "run custom script", and just run the email.sh script.

The problem I have is in the GUI, if I enable the Ping Watchdog, it writes the cron entry just fine, but all of my email settings disappear in the System>Email page. Same thing happens the other way. If I set up the Email page, the ping watchdog settings get disabled and the cronjob is removed.

Anyone experience this?

When I disable the ping watchdog, the email settings return to the page, so they are being saved somewhere.

As a side note, I recently installed a USB drive and made it extroot to increase my /overlay so I could install these plugins. Not sure what else was affected, by my symlink got removed that pointed opkg to gpkg. I resolved that by creating the symlink manually, but I wonder what else got altered.

Lantis

Re: Email Plugin with Ping Watchdog

Post by Lantis »

The two plugins are causing a conflict in the crontab file (or at least the way they try to figure out if they are present in the file).

For Ping Watchdog, create another script file which calls email.sh, and then call that intermediate script file instead.
This should remove the conflict.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

ejlviking

[Solved]Re: Email Plugin with Ping Watchdog

Post by ejlviking »

That worked.
Thanks!