hd-idle and/or hdparm not available in 1.12.0

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Nikhilesh

hd-idle and/or hdparm not available in 1.12.0

Post by Nikhilesh »

Hi. I am new to this forum and also the world of open-source firmware (on routers). :D

I have spent almost a week now trying to find a solution so that I can have hd-idle or hdparm working on my TP-Link Archer c7 v2 in order to spin down my drive when not in use. I have tried searching through very old posts, and all the other related topics. I have also tried open-wrt which has the packages, but I couldn't for the life of me configure and get Samba working on it along with my machines. In Gargoyle, it is basically plug and play. I thank the developer for his work and giving me so many options.

That said, I would really like some insight/help in my hard drive issue. I believe it was included in some older versions, but I don't know why it isn't now. Any kind of response would be really happy. Sorry if I don't seem polite, and thanks for the responses beforehand! :)

Maniac

Re: hd-idle and/or hdparm not available in 1.12.0

Post by Maniac »

Running 1.13.X, I also don't see hd-idle or hdparm in opkg list (after running opkg update). Was hoping to use gargoyle to hook up my USB drive, but it won't spin down...

Lantis

Re: hd-idle and/or hdparm not available in 1.12.0

Post by Lantis »

Running
gpkg update
gpkg info hd-idle

Shows me it is available. Are you sure?
Are your repositories updating correctly, or pointing at the right location?
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.