correct firmware wndr3800

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

adrianjt

correct firmware wndr3800

Post by adrianjt »

hi,

long time user, though one day, if i read a bit more and ask the right q's I might be able to figure out how to block ports... in the interim i'll have to use clunky opend dns...

but to the point, as I only update firmware every year or 2, please would someone more knowledgeable confirm I have downloaded correct file for netgear wndr3800 'premium edition' (no version number), 'fresh install'..?

gargoyle_1.11.0-ar71xx-generic-wndr3800-squashfs-factory.img

thanks heaps
regards
adrianjt

Lantis

Re: correct firmware wndr3800

Post by Lantis »

Fresh install as in currently on OEM? Yes
Otherwise, sysupgrade.

It would be better to use the latest 1.11.x also.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

adrianjt

Post by adrianjt »

hi Lantis,

am successfully running 1.9.2 but just like to make sure everything is fresh (as its only biennial upgrade), so was going to use 'factory' rather than 'sysupgrade' and renter stuff, i hardly have any restrictions/quota settings, but its also a good time to clear out old devices that I previously assigned ip addresses but are no longer in use.

so is factory ok do you think or should i follow your initial advice?
thanks, sorry to be such a newb...
cheers
adrianjt

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Once you're on Gargoyle (Openwrt), you should only use Sysupgrade.
If you want it to be a fresh install, just don't tick "Preserve Settings" and everything will revert to default.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.