UPnp working at double NAT but not in bridge mode !

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

thelordabdo

UPnp working at double NAT but not in bridge mode !

Post by thelordabdo »

I used to connect my modem and Router in double NAT (with DMZ enabled at the modem) and Gargoyle router upnp worked with no problem at the past .

But for my new TP-WR1043 V2.1 it didn't work with gargoyle 1.11.0 , searched and found that there is no workaround for now , so reverted to gargoyle 1.10.0 and again its working as it should in Double NAT with DMZ enabled at modem , i can see the forwarded ports with no problem at router .

Wanted to try the modem bridge mode with PPPOE enabled at Gargoyle router and I could connect to internet but just after manually changing the modem IP at modemaccess.sh , and for my surprise the upnp didn't work only **** *********** **** and no ports are shown !

When enabled DMZ at gargoyle for my PC's ip the port forward process is working again at PC (always using gameranger to test) so the modem is not the problem and the Ports are indeed forwarded from modem to router but not to the PC using the upnp , its something related to (Bridge mode + PPPOE ) connection type only , as its already working at double NAT with DMZ .

A note : DHCP is disabled at modem and enabled DMZ option for router ip at the modem (disabling it not making any difference)
Archer C7 V5 / Gargoyle 1.12.0
TL-WR1043ND V2 / Gargoyle 1.10.0
TL-WR841ND V9 / GArgoyle 1.10.0

Lantis

Re: UPnp working at double NAT but not in bridge mode !

Post by Lantis »

Did you install the upnp plugin when using 1.11.0?
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

thelordabdo

Post by thelordabdo »

Lantis wrote:Did you install the upnp plugin when using 1.11.0?
yes I installed it but didn't work although I have tested it only in ( Double NAT + DMZ at modem ) as this configuration is working at gargoyle 1.8.1 for the last 3 years at my old WR841ND V9 , for 1.10.0 it's also working but in (Modem bridge + PPPOE ) it doesn't .

Mentioning that DMZ enabled at gargoyle work in both 1.10.0 and 1.11.0
Archer C7 V5 / Gargoyle 1.12.0
TL-WR1043ND V2 / Gargoyle 1.10.0
TL-WR841ND V9 / GArgoyle 1.10.0

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

There shouldn't be a difference between DHCP and PPPoE.
I'm not in a position to test PPPoE at home so you need to do the leg work to figure out what is wrong if you want it fixed.

Likely culprit is miniupnpd conf not picking pppoe-wan as the interface.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.