compile build failed

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

pyed

Re: compile build failed

Post by pyed »

Lantis wrote:Well, yes, but you can't live without busybox which is what is generating the error. And the config works fine here. It would be nice if someone else would test the build, but it seems a bit fruitless.
Usually that kind of error happens when it can't resolve new config settings because it doesn't know about them (note the "new" flag).

So what is different between the two environments?
What OS are you building on? Did you install all dependencies?
What exact sequence of commands are you running to initiate the build? What is the structure of your new lantiq target folders/files?

Oh and one big thing i just noticed.
Don't build as "root". This could be causing the problem also.
Operate under a regular user, git clone to a new folder (so that user owns everything) and then build there.
Well, i tried a couple of things.
- my OS is debian and i use docker “Ubuntu” to build with root “i had to export certain variables to build as root”, Then i tried building under regular user, same error.
- then i tried building using my main OS “Debian” after installing the dependencies, I just clone the git repo, go inside it -> “mkdir -p targets/lantiq/profiles/default” -> copy the config you linked to to that directory i just created -> “make FULL_BUILD=true lantiq”.

If there’s nothing wrong with my steps, i would really appreciate it if you try building it yourself and see if it works.

Thanks man.
Buffalo WBMR-HP-G300H

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

Try Ubuntu server 18.04 in a VM (hyper-v or virtualbox)

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

I’ve built it 3 times, that’s how I know it works.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

pyed

Post by pyed »

Lantis wrote:I’ve built it 3 times, that’s how I know it works.
If you still keep the image, I’d appreciate it if you upload it for me to try.

I have some stupid speculation that my tmux config is the cause of the problem, I’ll try to build with screen :lol:
Buffalo WBMR-HP-G300H

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

pyed

Post by pyed »

Lantis wrote:You can try these ones:
https://lantisproject.com/gargoyle_custom/
all my attempts to build failed with the same password length message, I will just use your build. Thank you Lantis for being nice and helpful <3
Buffalo WBMR-HP-G300H

mojolacerator

Post by mojolacerator »

Compiled and running on x86 - just awesome !!!
Gargoyle

i5-3550, 8gb ram, 120gb ssd