Bandwidth Distribution Display Options Display Issue

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

setham

Bandwidth Distribution Display Options Display Issue

Post by setham »

Hello,

When I set Distribution Time Frame to "Days" the "Distribution Interval" only shows December 31 in the pull down, I tried different browsers and OS and the results are the same.

IF I set the Time Frame to anything but Days the Interval pull down works.

Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot this and fix it?

Thanks

setham

Re: Bandwidth Distribution Display Options Display Issue

Post by setham »

Apologize for the bump... any pointer on where to look? thanks

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Can you show a picture please?

The simple answer will be to delete your bandwidth history and reboot your router.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

setham

Post by setham »

Sure thing, images in this link: https://imgur.com/a/1BYgnml

When attaching got this error "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached."

Yes, I could delete all the stats, I would like that to be my last resort.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

At the very least, the “day” data seems to be corrupted.
When you select day, can you please check for browser errors in the developer console (F12 using chrome or Firefox). Please also check for complaints out of the system log.

If those don’t reveal anything:
- You could try halting the bwmon process, deleting all of the *day-31.bw files, and then restarting bwmon.
- You could try sucking that data out and trying to repair the file, but I wouldn’t even know where to start.
- This all may or may not work, and then you would be at the point of purging all data.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

setham

Post by setham »

Hi,

The Developer console did not show any error, so I decided to clear the data and start over and the issue is fixed now.

Checking the daily usage was more important than the historical details.

Many thanks for your time.

setham

Post by setham »

A quick update.

After deleting all the data the reports worked for all options (minutes, quarter hour, hour, days, months) for two months and so.

This is my home router so I do not log in every day, but often enough to know that it was working two weeks ago. Today I tried to pull the day report and the same issue came up, when I select "days" the pulldown only shows December 31st.

I will delete the data and plan to do a factory reset in the next few weeks and re-configure the router (manually, not from a configuration file) and post a follow-up.