Can't change Wireless SSID Password

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

jonheil

Can't change Wireless SSID Password

Post by jonheil »

During my initial setup on the mini router from the Gargoyle shop, I put in my admin password, then navigated to the wireless setup section. I put in a name for the SSID, then a password (different from the admin pswd). After not being able to connect devices, I discovered the SSID password had changed itself to my admin password. I changed it back and saved changes. I confirmed it was the right one, navigated away to a different setup section, then came back only to find it changed itself back to the admin password! So just for kicks I changed the admin password to the same as what I wanted for the SSID password and then changed the SSID password to match. NOW it should be what I want. Nope! The SSID password changed itself to the original admin password. What's going on?

Lantis

Re: Can't change Wireless SSID Password

Post by Lantis »

99% chance your browser is remembering your admin password and auto-filling it into the GUI.
disable auto-fill for the gargoyle GUI in your browser.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

jonheil

Re: Can't change Wireless SSID Password

Post by jonheil »

Yep, that was it. Thanks!