Several issues...

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

ViBE

Several issues...

Post by ViBE »

Yesterday I tried to watch some series via TV. The contents are on the HDD which is connected to my GL.iNet AR-150. DLNA is usually works well but that time the TV don't saw too much of my contents. First it cannot load the file. Then the files subfolders disappeared while I browsed via TV. I tried to reload the DLNA. Nothing happened. Then tried to check status. Status failed and said that cannot reach the site. Rescan did nothing.

Then I fully restarted everything. The TV was absolutely "blind". Nothing fixed. Users who read the forum frequently may know that I have other issues on Gargoyle and Lantis said viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11180&p=47844#p47850 that the firewall stucks sometimes and cause a few glitches like irrelevant PPPoE uptime. I dunno how this can be related but checked the uptime and saw that Gargoyle is continuoed counting from 9 days. I dunno too much about the Gargoyle firewall but if it stuck... it's stucks a lot for me and I'm sure that this is not normal. So I decided to reset the web usage history and voilà. The TV see the content again.

My PCs see the media server via network but after a short time they go blind. Only restars help but this just a temporary fix.

Another strange thing that I had ~2MB free space in ROM and now I have only 120kB while I did not installed anything meanwhile. How can I check what eat that freespace?

The reason why I not opened several threads are the chance that these things somehow related and the overall forum experience. Only a few members active here and I already have a bunch of questions/bugs without answers/solutions.

So what the hell? :|

ispyisail

Re: Several issues...

Post by ispyisail »

I wonder about the power requirements for the HDD

Is the HDD self or USB powered?

ViBE

Re: Several issues...

Post by ViBE »

ispyisail wrote:I wonder about the power requirements for the HDD

Is the HDD self or USB powered?
Self. Meanwhile I figured out the free space problem and fixed it. Unrelated with the other issues, sadly. So I still have problems with DLNA frequently. The HDD works well. I can reach it usually, but DLNA loves to stuck.