Aquantia AQtion 5Gbit NIC

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

twf85

Aquantia AQtion 5Gbit NIC

Post by twf85 »

First time user, successfully flashed and configured 1.10.0 on an old WR1043N I had in storage.

Thank you to all who have contributed to this project, as I was sorely in need of a way to track and manage data usage now that Cox is capping monthly data.

The one issue I had was that I could not connect to the router via my 5Gbit NIC. Thought I bricked the router after flashing, as all I could see was the background. Perpetual loading, no errors in Chrome's Dev Console.

I'm sure the scope of this issue is extremely limited, but I thought I would let you folks know all the same. 5Gbit hardware will become more ubiquitous as times goes on, so it may eventually be a concern if this issue isn't confined to my specific NIC.

MOBO: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming

Lantis

Re: Aquantia AQtion 5Gbit NIC

Post by Lantis »

I expect this is a corner case.

Either your motherboard or the router are not negotiating the link properly. If it is your router, it won’t be fixed by Gargoyle, that would be an upstream Linux issue (which may eventually filter through to us).

I would try setting the motherboards link speed to 1gbit and see if it comes up.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

twf85

Post by twf85 »

You were right.

For posterity's sake, manually setting the driver to negotiate the link at 1Gbps resolved my issue.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

I didn’t even know we were considering these in between speeds until you posted. I thought we were moving towards 10gbit for consumer hardware
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

twf85

Post by twf85 »

Neither did I! I was able to snag an AM4 mobo the day of the Ryzen launch, but it was a "blink and you'll miss it" kind of thing. Kept refreshing and suddenly one was available. The one that became available, ASRock X370 Fatal1ty Gaming Pro, has the 5Gbps NIC. I probably wouldn't have heard about it by now had that not been the case.