Clock time not updating

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

guy.cashmore

Clock time not updating

Post by guy.cashmore »

Firstly apologies for anything silly I might write, I am very much learning things as I go, complete novice here.

I bought a second hand TP-Link TL-WR1043ND (V1.8) on Ebay, installed the correct Gargoyle firmware, set it up as a (second) wireless wireless access point, connected it to my primary router and it works (well it is providing functioning WiFi) - which has to say something about the people who wrote Gargoyle, that a total novice can do this!

We run a holiday cottage and share our internet connection between our house and the cottage, we can't get 'unlimited' data due to our location/connection so the idea is/was to use Gargoyle to limit the amount of data guests can use each day.

So the only problem I can't solve so far is that the clock in Gargoyle isn't updating, this needs to be correct so the daily data allowance resets at 12 noon each day (check in/out time). The router has been 'up' for about 30 hours and I would have thought it should have updated by now?

Any help gratefully received. Thanks, Guy.

ispyisail

Re: Clock time not updating

Post by ispyisail »

how have you set up time?

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Also depends on how the router is connected. If the router itself has no internet connection, then it can’t ping the time servers.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

guy.cashmore

Post by guy.cashmore »

Many thanks for your help, I hadn't realised it was possible for the WiFi to be working without the router actually having an internet connection - I had indeed got the connections and settings wrong..

Now working perfectly, mostly by trial and error I have to admit!

Thanks again, you pointed me in the right direction.

Guy