Unable to connect to router in bridge mode

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Unable to connect to router in bridge mode

Post by 404 »

I've been using a TL-WR1043ND v1 with Gargoyle as an AP for over a year and to be fair it's been rock solid and hasn't dropped the connection once, However a month ago I changed over to MIFI and changed the router settings to repeater/bridge mode to provide a wired lan connection and now I have no access to the interface, ipconfig/all shows the default gateway address as empty. I've done a scan when wired to the router and only found 1 address active this gives a 'connection refused' error if I attempt to connect. Just realised that Gargoyle doesn't support reset on the older versions so I'm truly locked out. Is it possible to flash to stock without having access to the ip?

Thanks in advance...

Re: Unable to connect to router in bridge mode

Post by 404 »

All sorted now...Managed to get into failsafe mode and sent a 'firstboot' command via telnet. Could really use an option to enable the reset button though.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

You are free to set the buttons to do whatever you like via the command line.

I was under the impression that router already has reboot and firstboot bound to the button, but I may be remembering incorrectly.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

d3fz

Post by d3fz »

Lantis wrote:I was under the impression that router already has reboot and firstboot bound to the button, but I may be remembering incorrectly.
It is already bound to the respective button. At least for my old WR842ND it works as expected, as i used multiple times. Doesn't work on my Archer C7, though.

Under further investigation, i found out that my Archer C7 doesn't have any/the proper button handling cfg under etc/config/system, so something is going on here.

/etc/config/system on my WR842ND (running 1.10):

Code: Select all

config button 'reboot_button'
	option button 'wps'
	option action 'released'
	option handler 'logger reboot ; /usr/lib/gargoyle/reboot.sh ;'
	option min '3'
	option max '90'

config button 'reset_button'
	option button 'reset'
	option action 'released'
	option handler 'logger restore defaults ; /sbin/firstboot -y; reboot ;'
	option min '3'
	option max '90'

Maybe some condition mismatch under "patches-generic\17-ar71xx-button-handlers.patch" ?
TP-Link Archer C7 v2 - Gargoyle 1.12.X
TP-Link WR842ND v2 - Gargoyle 1.10.X
TP-Link RE450 AC v2 - Stock FW 1.0.4
TP-Link WA850RE v1.2 - LEDE 17.01.1