No wireless with 1.3.10

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

MathGuy42

No wireless with 1.3.10

Post by MathGuy42 »

I just upgraded my Linksys WRT54GL v1.1 to 1.3.10. I had backed up and restored as I've done with all other upgrades. After restoring all settings and rebooting, the wireless access point is not working.

I've rebooted several times. I've tried disabling wireless, rebooting, then re-enabling. I've tried telling my MacBook to connect even though the SSID is not broadcasting. None of these have worked.

The Ethernet connection and Internet routing are working fine. All settings look correct, whether related to wireless or otherwise.

Thanks for the help.

Edit: Is downgrading to 1.3.9 a safe option?

Eric
Site Admin

Re: No wireless with 1.3.10

Post by Eric »

You should be able to downgrade without problem.

I can also tell you with 99% certainty that the reason you ran into trouble is that you restored from a 1.3.9 configuration on a broadcom router. The wireless configuration is fundamentally different between the two releases.

MathGuy42

Post by MathGuy42 »

Thanks. If I want to use 1.3.10, should I just Restore Defaults and set up everything manually? Can I just redo the wireless settings manually? I have enough QoS and other settings that I'd rather not do everything by hand.

Edit: Successfully went back to 1.3.9 and restored my settings. I suppose manually inputting the settings in 1.3.10 won't be too bad if I open tabs for each setting page in 1.3.9, then I flip between an old 1.3.9 tab and the active 1.3.10 setting tab. Thanks again.

Edit 2: I upgraded to 1.3.10 this morning and manually re-entered all my settings. Everything seems to be working fine. Thanks!

1an

Post by 1an »

I had the same trouble - no wireless after upgrade from 1.3.9 to 1.3.10

I found the same solution - reapply all settings manually. It's working now, but I also have another issue.

About once per 24 hours I lose WAN ip address and therefore internet access. I think at least once I have seen an issue with the time reported not matching the settings, but it has not been consistent. I wonder if it may be a time error meaning that the lease expires before the router requests to renew the lease of the ip address from the cable modem. I may also be completely on the wrong track!

Ian
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH = Gargoyle 1.5.3
Linksys WRT54GL v1.2 = Gargoyle 1.3.13
SMC Barricade SMC2804WBRP-G = SMC firmware v2.08

t.hofmann

Post by t.hofmann »

I also had this problem. Worked around by downgrading.
This should (or does it already?) be mentioned in the release notes.
6x WNDR3700
2x WNDR4300
1x RPI-2 with icinga to monitor the lot