ssh encryption woes

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

jayray

ssh encryption woes

Post by jayray »

I failed in my attempt to secure my router with SSH encryption. The key pair was created with PUTTYGEN, then I installed the public key on the router via copy/paste into a blank file. Fast forward to the next day when not only did I forget my passphrase, but Gargoyle also shows this strangeness on the system>access page.

Is there any way back from this aside from a reinstall?

(edit for piciness)
Last edited by jayray on Sun May 14, 2017 4:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
WRT1900acsv2 / alas, back to DD-WRT
WRT54G /DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/12/10) mini

Lantis

Re: ssh encryption woes

Post by Lantis »

the image you linked in this thread (and your other one) come up as 404 not found. Either privacy settings are blocking it, or you're using the wrong link.

You can use Failsafe mode to re-set the password.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

jayray

Post by jayray »

I'll look into failsafe mode.

I edited the pic link into an img tag instead of url and changed the link within to what I hope is the correct one. But all I see now instead of my screenshot is the word "Image". Its not even clickable.

You did say the other post came up with a 404, and its also wrapped in an img tag. So you're seeing something different on your screen than I do. I can't click anything to get a 404 from.

ektus

Post by ektus »

I don't see an image either. Maybe the direct image link is broken in the forum (or browser), or whatever. The image URL works, resolves to https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipN ... N2ZmlqVm9n and displays the image. Well, maybe embedding isn't possible?

jayray

Post by jayray »

Got it figured out. Google doesn't let you share a single pic, just folders. Tinypic to the rescue. :)