WNDR3700 V2 won't connect

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

PhilthyM

WNDR3700 V2 won't connect

Post by PhilthyM »

Hi, I have been using Gargoyle 1.6.2 on a TL-WR1043ND V2 for a few years at the family home and it has always been stable and reliable.

I am now in a new place and opted to go for 1.6.2 again, but couldn't find a WR1043ND, so bought a Netgear WNDR3700 V2 second hand instead and flashed that.

As far as I recall, when setting up the WR1043ND I just went pretty much default settings all the way and it just worked. I have tried the same with the WNDR3700 and it won't connect to the modem.

I have checked the configs and they look much the same, I have the same physical network connections. The only difference is the physical hardware, but I can't see that being an issue.

The original setup uses a Netgear CG3100 in bridge mode, while my new one uses a Netgear C6300, in bridge mode too of course. Both are Telstra cable services. Not sure if that has any bearing, but mention it for completeness.

Anyway, I set the modem to bridge mode and power cycle and wait for it to connect. I then power on the WNDR3700, connect to it and the WAN connection shows nothing other then the MAC address. I tried a DHCP renew, but no joy. If I plug a laptop into the modem I get the public IP as expected and it works fine.

Any tips on what to check to get me past this, please?

PhilthyM

Re: WNDR3700 V2 won't connect

Post by PhilthyM »

I have no idea what I did, but I went through the connection process again and it worked! All good 8-)