Linksys WRT1900acs incoming SMTP not working

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

jim1985

Linksys WRT1900acs incoming SMTP not working

Post by jim1985 »

Hi everyone,

Finally I have managed to register after having a huge battle with the CAPTCHA feature on this board.

Anyway, I have a Linksys WRT1900ACS. I was running DD-WRT on it but I wasn't happy with the wireless performance so decided to give the Gargoyle firmware a go. I flashed back to the stock Linksys firmware first.
I have a Linux based server here that I use to host my own Email Server.
Unfortunately for some reason the Gargoyle firmware prevented any emails coming in to my Email Server. I had forwarded the correct port in the port forwarding settings, I even tried putting the server in to the DMZ but it didn't help.
Strangely, all of the online SMTP testing web sites came back fine, saying they had successfully connected to my SMTP server.
In the end I followed instructions on how to flash back to stock firmware from Gargoyle and then flashed the version of DD-WRT that I had previously been using. After doing this, my Email Server started receiving emails again.
There definitely seems to be some sort of a problem with Gargoyle, possibly blocking incoming data on port 25 perhaps?

ispyisail

Re: Linksys WRT1900acs incoming SMTP not working

Post by ispyisail »

There definitely seems to be some sort of a problem with Gargoyle, possibly blocking incoming data on port 25 perhaps?
Many of us use this feature(s) with no problems

There was something not quite right?