WDR3700 issues

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

ondrovic

WDR3700 issues

Post by ondrovic »

Here is my info

Netgear WDR-3700 using the following

Code: Select all

Firmware Image
Atheros AR17XX
1.3 (experimental)
Here are the issues I am having
  • 1.) Wireless mode always says disabled even though wireless is on and clients are connecting.
    2.) Under restrictions not all the options are being displayed actually none of the options are showing up
For number 1 I have tried re enabling wireless under connection --> basic but it always displays disabled ( wireless is working though )

For number 2 I have tried using Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer 8 but I still have the same issues

Thanks

bigsexeh

Re: WDR3700 issues

Post by bigsexeh »

I have another issue myself, using latest 1.3.9 on WNDR3700 v1.

I've just setup gargoyle yesterday, and apart from one thing it works like a charm. That thing being that at 11 PM the router lost connection to internet (i did set keep-alive). It started working again once i saved the settings again. And like clockwork it happened 12 hrs later at 11 AM.
Since i have a static IP and haven't encountered similar problems before with other firmwares i'm not quite sure what to make of it.

Any help is appreciated!

trinode

Post by trinode »

Re disabled wifi, it's because gargoyle is not picking up the right setting on dual radio routers, it enables the 1st radio, but when it displays the page it's pulling the "disabled" from the second (5Ghz) radio.

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

As I think I posted elsewhere there will be dual band support in the next release, and the disabled issue should be solved (at least on the d-link DIR825-b1 I've tested on, since I don't own a WNDR3700).

I'm not sure about your 12hr disconnect issues -- I've had uptime of months (usually ending when there's a random power outage or I upgrade to the latest version) for my routers. I'm not sure what I can do unless I can reproduce the issue.

bigsexeh

Post by bigsexeh »

Eric wrote:I'm not sure about your 12hr disconnect issues -- I've had uptime of months (usually ending when there's a random power outage or I upgrade to the latest version) for my routers. I'm not sure what I can do unless I can reproduce the issue.
Well i gave it another shot and reflashed to stock and back to gargoyle, this time using tftp instead of web upgrade and now this issue seems to have resolved itself - currently sitting at over 1 day uptime without any problems 8-)