PPoE - error in userid / password

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

deuteragenie

PPoE - error in userid / password

Post by deuteragenie »

I installed r1.9.1 on an archer 7 v2.0.

Everything looked ok so far, but when I try to setup a basic PPoE connection, the web app returns "error in username" or "error in password" (in dialog boxes opened by the app).

Any idea what could be wrong and how to fix it?

Also, a port scan shows that port 111 (rpcbind) is open upon installation. What is the need for 111 being open, and does anyone know how to either close this port, or remove / disable the services that may require that port ?

Related to this: what are the default firewall rules?

Lantis

Re: PPoE - error in userid / password

Post by Lantis »

The only validation cast on PPPoE is that your username and password are at least 1 character, but less than 999.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

deuteragenie

Post by deuteragenie »

I tried again, with the same results:

After entering a userId / password in PPPoE and pressing on "Save Changes", a modal box appears stating "There is an error in password", despite the fact that the userid / password is "test".

Any idea what could be wrong ? As such I cannot use Gargoyle for the moment.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Can you show some screenshots of your settings please, and the error message.

I think you should do a reset to factory settings and try again.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

deuteragenie

Post by deuteragenie »

I reflashed (using TFTP) a factory bin of r1.9.1 and the issues with the username/password for PPPoE disappeared. The initial problems may have been caused by me going from the factory firmware to DD-WRT to gargoyle.

Thanks for the help!