Gargoyle 1.13 rebooted twice in 2 days

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

hillbilly

Gargoyle 1.13 rebooted twice in 2 days

Post by hillbilly »

Hi,

My router rebooted twice in 2 days at about the same time of the day.
Is there any log kept that I can check to see what had happened? I ssh onto the router but could not find a log file to look at.
I'm using TP-Link Archer C7 v4 with Gaygoyle 1.13.

The first time, I noticed I lost of internet connection. Waited for 10 minutes, logged into Gargoyle web admin, noticed uptime was only 2 minutes.

Next day. At about the same time of day, lost connectivity. I reconnected to the WiFi, but noticed IP Address was set to 169.254.. on the PC ie, no DHCP. Waited a minutes, reconnected, still no DCHP address. Went to power off/on router, less than 1 minute back online - all back to normal.

Lantis

Re: Gargoyle 1.13 rebooted twice in 2 days

Post by Lantis »

Logs don't survive a reboot. You can try setting up a remote logging server to watch it, however some events kill it before the remote log registers the issue.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

hillbilly

Post by hillbilly »

Is it possible to log to a USB drive?

Happened again today. I've been on WebEx for hours, the router's been rebooting every day after about 4 hours for the past 3 days.

Thanks.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

hillbilly

Post by hillbilly »

I reset the router to defaults, then manually reconfigured with basic WAN/LAN/WiFi (WPA2) settings. Still same issue. Seem to reboot in less than 1 day under moderate/heavy use.

It's became too disruptive, I've reverted to version 1.12, that's much more stable. I use to run 1.12 for months without reboot.

Not sure if it's just this combination TP-Link Archer C7 v4 and Gargoyle 1.13? Anyone else experienced this issue?