Turn Off wan 'KEEP ALIVE' similar bahaviour of gargoyle

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

Tinu

Turn Off wan 'KEEP ALIVE' similar bahaviour of gargoyle

Post by Tinu »

Hello,
I installed Gargoyle firmware ver 1.8 stable ,on my TP-link TL-MR3020.
It working perfectly.
But one problem,gargole router keep the wan connection always active even no clients are connected to the wifi.
There is a function in my modem i used for wan,that is If the connection is inactive for some time say 2minute,it will automatically disconnect the internet and whenever any client try to connect to internet,it automatically re-establish the internet connection.This function working,but whenever i connect this modem to my gargoyle installed wireless router,this function stop working.Even no devices connected to wi-fi the router keep the connection active i checked all.I want to stop this 'Keep alive' function off,but there is no option for it in gargoyle.
Please help me,how can i solve this problem.

Thank u

tapper

Re: Turn Off wan 'KEEP ALIVE' similar bahaviour of gargoyle

Post by tapper »

Hi you could use Ping Watchdog to keep your link active.

1 Enable Ping Watchdog.

2 IP Address To Ping:

3 Ping Interval: Set to 1 minutes.

4 set Startup Delay: to 1 minutes.

5 Set Failure ping count: to 2

6 Set Action:
WAN Reconnect

I hope I am understanding what you were asking. :)
Linksys WRT3200ACM
NETGEAR Nighthawk R7800
NETGEAR R6260

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

He's asking for the opposite, which is likely not possible because the router will be pinging for connectivity on a regular basis and triggering the modem to not disconnect.

If your modem connects via PPPoE, then placing it into full bridge mode and letting Gargoyle handle the connection may be a better idea and would enable this function.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

MaenPipe

Post by MaenPipe »

Hello, :D :D

I have had a similar condition in Gargoyle 1.6.2.2,

1) I used a 4G modem via wifi router's USB port to connect to the internet.
2) The connection from the 4G modem to the internet was kept alive even when there were no wifi clients connected to my router.

I have managed to fix this problem by accessing SYSTEM -> TIME -> NTP SERVERS and adding 127.0.0.1 as custom NTP server addresses. Afterwards, the 4G modem did not keep the connection alive without wifi clients. :lol: :lol: