Overview of the Signal Strength in Connected Wireless Hosts

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

ngg.online

Overview of the Signal Strength in Connected Wireless Hosts

Post by ngg.online »

Hi,

I think it would be nice to have an overview of the signal strength of the connected wireless hosts in the Connected Hosts menu. Thus one would be able to reposition the router and observe how the signal to the hosts changes.

I am sorry if this feature was requested already. I could not find a post about it.

I personally think it is a very useful thing to have. I got used to it in Tomato and I really miss it in Gargoyle.

It would be nice to hear what the developers think about the issue, would it be easy to implement, as there is something similar to that in the wireless bridge mode, when one is scanning for other WiFi networks, and where it stays on the agenda.

Thanks.
La Fonera Fon 2100 @ 200MHz + Gargoyle 1.2.5
D-Link Dir-300 @ 200MHz + Gargoyle 1.2.3
Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 + Tomato 1.28

vplessky

Re: Overview of the Signal Strength in Connected Wireless Hosts

Post by vplessky »

ngg.online wrote: I think it would be nice to have an overview of the signal strength of the connected wireless hosts in the Connected Hosts menu. Thus one would be able to reposition the router and observe how the signal to the hosts changes.
I personally think it is a very useful thing to have. I got used to it in Tomato and I really miss it in Gargoyle.
I also think that such feature would be very useful.
Especially for monitoring of connected host, and WDS links.