WNDR3700 Support

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

rageeb

WNDR3700 Support

Post by rageeb »

Hey all,
I was wondering if there were in plans in place to release a image for the WNDR3700. I didn't see it inthe AR71XX list. I tried to use vanilla OpenWRT Backfire but the 5ghz seems to be non-existent due to some regdomain issues and such. I tried to compile my own with virtual box/ubuntu but with no success :? .
It would be really great to get a Gargoyle Image with working 5ghz and everything else working.

Asking too much :oops: ?

Cezary

Re: WNDR3700 Support

Post by Cezary »

No, try: http://tinyurl.com/23wys92 (this is my builds)

@Eric, next things: ath9k/ath9k_usb profile should have removed kmod-madwifi. And ath9k/ath9k_usb/wndr3700 profile should have enabled CONFIG_ATH_USER_REGD by default.

vplessky

Post by vplessky »

Cezary,

I noticed you also have build for TP-Link WR1043ND
And some additional packages for USB port, like USB IP

WHat would be your recommendation for USB packages to be installed on router with USB port, like WR1043ND?
I mean - real working and useful packages.

BTW: has someone tried to share Video Projector via USB?
we have in my kid's school EPSON EB-84 video projector.
It connects nicely to Windows PC via USB Display.
But USB cables which I was able to find is just 5m. We need about 10m-12m to place t comfortably.
It would be nice to hook router with USB port close to this projector, and connect project to router's usb port.
Than I can use RJ-45 twisted pair to connect this router to teacher's PC. Or even connect to projector via Wi-Fi :-)

rageeb

Post by rageeb »

hey Cezary - thanks a LOT for that link - i'll give it a shot when i get home and hopefully everything goes well. :D

Cezary

Post by Cezary »

@vplessky, in my images I only build-in usb_storage, filesystem like ext2/3/4/vfat/ntfs, sometimes usb_serial/chat/comgt for gsm modems. Other packages depends on user's needs, so this is not predicted :)