VPN Server

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

cooper7012

VPN Server

Post by cooper7012 »

Hi,
I'm new to Gargoyle... I haven't actually got a chance to install and setup. But, I intend to use this router as a VPN server. I was wondering if anyone recommends a good router for setting up a Open VPN Server?

I was thinking one of these would be necessary because of the amount of RAM and flash they have; WNDR4300v1, WNDRMACv2, WZR-600DHP, TL-WDR4300 v1.x, TL-WDR3600 v1.x
However, I'm having a hard time finding these exact hardware versions. I've ordered two different routers and I get a new version that's not supported. I'm not sure if I need a lot of RAM and/or Flash for my indented use...

tapper

Re: VPN Server

Post by tapper »

Hi there mate I have never used a VPN. the settings are there to run as a OpenVPN server. Look on ebay for routers the 4 you mentioned are ok i think but all so look at the WD-N750 or any of the routers in my sig. + the wdr1900AC. I have had all my routers from ebay.
Linksys WRT3200ACM
NETGEAR Nighthawk R7800
NETGEAR R6260

Milocia64

Re: VPN Server

Post by Milocia64 »

I have also not used any VPN but will start using it because had seen some suspicious activity with my data. I don’t want to go with the free one because I have heard that they make the internet slow. I just saw hidemyass vpn review and it looks absolutely perfect for me. Might buy this one.