High end install - good hardware

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

Lantis

Re: High end install - good hardware

Post by Lantis »

Kind of. the hardware still still use both CPUs as necessary, however things like IMQ (the driver/process that works behind the scenes on ingress/egress shaping) currently only operates on one CPU and so it is still limited in that way.

What that probably means is that the throughput won't improve much using those functions which is really what we want to improve.

However, if I was smart enough/had the time I would fix gargoyle to use both. I don't think itC would be too hard.
One of the interesting developments is that people are getting the encryption offload module working which had shown significant improvements in throughout over things like VPN and SSL. Now that is a promising development!
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

ninderrycomp

Re: High end install - good hardware

Post by ninderrycomp »

What about the TP-Link Archer C9? I find it pretty shocking that an Archer C7 can only do around 50mbps with QOS and bandwidth control enabled.