TP-LINK Archer C7 Gargoyle

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

scrmtrey

Re: TP-LINK Archer C7 Gargoyle

Post by scrmtrey »

What is max tx power (dbm) on this router? (V2)
wdr3600 v1.5 @ Latest ispyisail build

jambradorj

Post by jambradorj »

Hi there Guys.

After a long time waiting, i would like to know if there is some custom firmware for my archer c7 v1.1 who works fully with all frequencies of the router (2.4ghz and 5ghz).

I´ved tried a few months to flash with dd-wrt firmware but i´ved almost bricked the router.

Tks a million for replying me.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

No Gargoyle version.

I’m not sure there ever will be. From my reading the 5ghz isn’t supported by the driver. It’s a bad revision of the router for open source.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

twf85

Post by twf85 »

I am planning to replace my Archer C7v1.1 with a Ubiquiti AP AC PRO to connect wireless clients, and I was hoping that I could flash Gargoyle onto it to "upgrade" my WR1043N. As I would not need the WiFi, the primary concern for most C7v1.x users wouldn't apply to my use case.

From what I have heard, it doesn't seem likely to work at all on v1.x routers, but if someone could provide a clear/definitive answer (WRT is supposed to work on v1.x), I would appreciate it.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Gargoyle works on the Archer C7 1.x, but 5ghz doesn’t
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

meazz1

Post by meazz1 »

My C7 works great, 2.4 and 5ghz with the latest Nov iSpay build. What I don't understand is why my speed test shows 200 mbps/sec but if I go directly thru the gateway I get almost 950 mbps. I have a gigabyte fiber.
Why would it make such a big diffference?

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Your CPU can’t keep up with the data

meazz1

Post by meazz1 »

Lantis wrote:Your CPU can’t keep up with the data
I suspected HW.
Thanks for clarifying.